Russian estate

Регистрация на портале

Позволяет определять рейтинг объектов, оставлять комментарии, добавлять фотографии, сохранять маршруты и объекты в своем личном кабинете.

x

crumbs

“Don” route. From Oka to Uperty

objects

Period of availability: Whatever the season
(no votes)

Description of the estate Bogoslovskoe:

Bogolovskoe (“divine”) village is a vivid example of how significant the role of a person can be in history. Having set up a grammar school in Teterka and built a cathedral in the name of St. John the Divine, the owner of the estate, v. Sabler, Chief Procurator of the Holy Synod, radically changed the future fate of the village. A place known to no one became Divine (Bogoslovskoe) — the first church school and educational center in Russia.

The Church of St. John the Divine existed until 1929; now it is in a ruinous state.

In 2006, the village held a big celebration: in the old educational building in the former house church, a church was consecrated in honor of St. John the Divine. Since then, divine liturgies, prayers, memorial services, baptisms, weddings, and extreme unction sacraments are held here.
The manner pond has been preserved which is still named after Sabler.

Description of the estate Aksinino:

Aksinino is the former family estate of the Davydovs. At the turn of 18-19th centuries here lived an important landowner, Vladimir Denisovich Davydov, uncle of Denis Davydov, a famous partisan of the Patriotic War of 1812.

In the first half of the 19th century a beautiful manor ensemble including the manor house, a church with a dome which is crowned with the figure of the Archangel Michael with a cross in his hand, a bell tower, obelisks at the entrance to the estate, and an unusual family mausoleum: rising over the tomb was an elegant gazebo, which gave the tomb an appearance of being a park decoration.

The dilapidated Spasskaya church (Church of the Savior) (1790–1863) with a statue of an angel crowning the dome, and one of the entrance pyramids still remain in the village. Of the bell tower, the two lower tiers are left.

Description of the estate Khruslovka:

The estate in Khruslovka belonged to Maximilian von Meck, the son of the well-known patron Nadezhda Filaretovna von Meck.

The family was one of the richest in Russia in the second half of the 19th century, famous as a prominent builder of railroads. According to legend, the land at the estate in Khruslovka was given to the von Mecks by the local community in order to attract “investors” to these places.

The Fomin Khruslovsky orphanage was opened in 1923 on the former estate for orphans arriving from the Volga. It was closed in 1984. Today the house is gradually collapsing. Remains of outbuildings still can be found on the edge of the park near the Osetr river.

Description of the estate Bogoroditsk:

At the site of the remains of the Bogorodisk fortress, destroyed in the 1660s, stands one of the most significant country ensembles from the dawn of Russian classicism. At that time, Bogoroditsk was part of the principality of Her Imperial Majesty Catherine II. In 1773 according to her wishes the construction of estates with white stone palaces and a romantic park begins, the owner of which later became Count A. Bobrinsky, the son of the empress and Grigory Orlov. In the 18th century the “splendid beauty of a tall house on the cliff of a pond” and an “extensive garden” created by the genius Andrei Timofeevich Bolotov was reputed as the “miracle of this region.”

In the museum which now includes the palace complex and the park area, you can see a copy of Andrei Bolotov’s watercolors depicting the wonderful landscapes of the 18th century estate. Lev Tolstoy’s novel “Anna Karenina” described this estate as Alexei Vronsky’s Vozdvizhenskoe.

In 1774 not far from the palace the manor Kazan Church by architect Starov was erected. At the beginning of the 1930s service was discontinued. Since 1990 it is again in operation.
The return to Moscow, 240 km.

Visitor reviews

crumbs